- Use high-quality images. Images are one of the most important visual aspects on your website. Yet so many websites use the same or similar photos as other websites in their industry, or they use boring photos. You should use photos that are unique and drive home the concepts you’re trying to convey on that web page. High-quality photos are easy to come by from stock photography websites, but even better is to use your own photos.
- Have an amazing design. Having an amazing design will surely create a lasting impression on your website visitors. At the very least, you don’t want to have an outdated website. 94% of people don’t trust outdated websites. So if you can’t afford the top of the line design, at least get your design updated. Here at Gallagher Website Design, we can help you determine the best design for your site. Use the free evaluation using the link below to find out.
- Implement animation. Having simple animation on your website can add a level of sophistication that people will remember. The animation can be simple things like menu items moving when you mouse over them. And photos and text floating into place when you scroll down the page. These little things can really make a website stand out.
- Compelling copy. Good compelling copy can not only make your website stand out but can drastically increase your sales. Most websites use run of the mill copy and don’t really put the attention needed to really sell the reader. Remember your website is to sell the reader. Even if you have an informational website, you’re still trying to sell the reader something – even if it’s just that you’re a good company. So make sure your headlines stand out with compelling copy, and the body text supports your headlines.
- Keep your website fresh. A dull old, outdated website will not only turn people off, it makes people not trust you. So make sure your website doesn’t just look modern design-wise, but also have the content be current. If you have pricing, product, or service details, make sure to keep that up to date. As well, if you have a team page, make sure you keep your team member list current.
- Have testimonials. Testimonials make a huge impact on people. In fact, it can lead people to believe your company has a certain type of character, and lead them to decide if they should buy from you or not. Therefore, I suggest sprinkling your testimonials throughout your website. Especially place them in key places on important web pages. You should also keep these testimonials up to date. Adding new ones as you get them.
- Use videos. Video can really help your website stand out. And the videos don’t have to be uber professional. Videos shot with an iPhone or mobile phone can look and work just fine. People are much more likely to remember your website and create an impression on them when you have video. Additionally, when you have a video, people will interact with your website longer. And that can help persuade them to do business with you. As well, search engines like Google, look at this as a positive signal and will rank you high in search.
Web Dvelopment Blog
Your website is your business’ virtual face online. Having a poorly designed or functioning website can and does lose people business. In fact, 94% of people don’t trust an outdated website. And 75% of people base a company’s credibility on its websites. So as you can see it’s super important your website be the best it can. That’s why in this article I’m going to go over 7 ways to make your website stand out from the crowd.