Did you know that 2-5% of all traffic for the average website turns into a lead. That means if you got 100 people to your website you should be getting 2-5 of them as leads. Are you getting that right now?
If not… Or you are and you’d like to do better, then this article is for you! I’m going to go over the 5 reasons why your website isn’t getting leads or customers like it should be.
- Missing an offer on your website. By an offer, it’s meant, that thing you’re giving to your prospects or clients. This can be a free evaluation, or your actual product or service. Most websites are missing an actual statement of what that offer is. Without an offer they have no reason to really contact you verse any other website online. The offer is the actual reason why someone would contact you from your website.
- Missing call-to-action. About 70% of all small business websites are missing a call-to -action. So what is a call-to-action? A call to action is a direct statement for your website visitors to take some sort of action. That action could be to “call you now”, or fill out a form, or even to purchase your product right from your website. If you’re missing this it could be a major reason why you’re not getting leads.
- Missing or hard to find contact info. It may come as a surprise by many websites are missing this or it’s really hard to find. The contact info on your website should be very easy to find. Usually people look for this at the top and bottom of your website. I suggest adding it to both places.
- Poor website design. This may not come as a surprise but your website design does play a factor into getting leads and customers. In fact, 57% of Internet users said they would not even suggest a company if they had a poor website design. This means most people won’t suggest a badly designed website to others. And if they won’t suggest a company based on their website, they’re certainly not going to purchase from them. If your site needs a little help with this, we’re a Tampa web design company that can create an ascetic website that will help get you leads and customers.
- Not enough traffic to your website. This is the most important reason on this whole list. If you don’t have any traffic or not enough traffic, it doesn’t matter how good your website is or how many of the points above you got right, you’re not going to get leads. No traffic means no leads and customer. My top 2 suggestions for getting traffic to a website is SEO and paid ads. Those are some of the most effective methods at getting more traffic to your website.
Want to get more leads?… Get a free evaluation to see which of the points your site needs work on.